|Bicycle Parking Guidelines|
Bicycle Parking Guidelines, 2nd Edition (2010)
Price: $20 for APBP members / $45 for non-APBP members
Read or download the Executive Summary
From the Introduction to the Executive Summary:
The Association of Pedestrian and Bicycle Professionals published the original Bicycle Parking Guidelines, a basic guide to the selection and placement of bicycle racks specifically for short-term parking, in 2002. Since then, the rapid growth of bicycling, particularly in urban areas, has led to many innovations in the field of bicycle parking. The second edition of Bicycle Parking Guidelines updates the original guide and adds material on long-term and sheltered parking, as well as event parking, in-street bicycle parking, and bicycle transit centers. The 2nd Edition is a comprehensive resource for practitioners and includes:
• General bicycle parking principles and definitions of bicycle parking terms
• Guidance for both short- and long-term bicycle parking
• Elements of a good rack or locker, including specific performance criteria
• Maintenance best practices
• Sample site plans and diagrams to help avoid blunders in rack and locker placement
• Sample quantity requirements for bicycle parking to meet need by land use
• A worksheet for programming bicycle parking for a building or cluster of buildings
• Abundant images and charts to illustrate concepts and conditions
Bicycle Parking Guidelines, 2nd edition, is appropriate for adoption by local agencies as official bicycle parking policy.
Want permission to use one of APBP's bicycle parking documents? Click here.