APBP Board Nominations Now Open
You can help APBP continue to advance its mission to provide expertise for active, sustainable transportation. With new strategic goals launching soon and many new initiatives on the horizon, APBP needs and welcomes the enthusiastic participation of its members on the Board of Directors.
Here are some of the main functions of an APBP Board member: oversee the direction and management of the association, lead specific projects, committees and action teams, recruit new members, ensure a solid, balanced budget, contribute to the association's financial success, and represent APBP members at conferences and meetings. APBP's Board of Directors is an active board that makes a difference for our profession.
Those who are elected to the Board will serve a 3-year term (2017-2019).
Submit a 400-word statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 30. Use "Board Nomination" as the subject line of your e-mail message. Your statement of interest should include the following three headings and describe:
(1) your qualifications
(2) what you would bring to the board
(3) your vision for APBP.
Keep in mind that your statement will be posted on the website and sent by e-news to all members.
For further information, contact a member of the Nominating Committee:
Find all the details on Board nominations below and thank you for considering putting your name forward as a leader of the APBP!
- Shall be a professional, advocate, young professional or retired member in good standing (paid current member)
- Shall have minimum of two years' work experience in the field
- Shall have actively participated in association activities, such as an APBP committee, action team or local chapter for at least one year
- Shall sign a Board Member Agreement which sets forth legal and moral responsibilities
- Shall chair one committee or action team if necessary; may also chair a group
- Shall attend most bi-monthly board conference calls
- Shall attend or connect with one in-person board meeting per year
Board Members may be removed if they fail to participate in more than two consecutive meetings without being excused.
Thank you for considering putting your name forward as a leader of APBP!
All Board nominations are due by August 30 with elections starting in early September.