Online Store | Print Page | Your Cart | Sign In | Join APBP
Member Introductions
Moderator(s):
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

4/26/2016 at 5:47:40 PM GMT
Member Introductions

Take a couple of minutes and introduce yourself to the rest of the Ontario APBP community!

6/26/2018 at 7:55:15 PM GMT
Hello! I'm Katie. I currently work as a Planner in the Cycling Infrastructure & Programs Unit at the City of Toronto. I recently passed my 6-month mark in this role. Prior to joining the City, I worked as a School Travel Planning Facilitator with Green Communities Canada, and rolled out STP at six elementary schools in Toronto. I love working in active transportation, and spend much of my spare time in this field, too, with initiatives like Bike Host and the Toronto Bicycle Music Festival :)
I'm excited to learn and collaborate with you all!
-Katie

6/28/2018 at 2:03:13 PM GMT
Hi everyone. Shawn here. My background is engineering and I have been at York Region for the last years working on active transportation infrastructure and programs that help people reduce their car dependence and make it easier to walk, bike and take transit. I'm excited about a 121km trail we are working on called the Lake to Lake Route that will connect Lake Simcoe to Lake Ontario. We also are close to completing our York Region Pedestrian and Cycling Planning and Design Guidelines, which I think are quite innovative and comprehensive. We are seeing the Vivanext rapidways taking shape on Highway 7 and Yonge Street, which are really transformational complete streets projects.
I've found APBP to be a wonderful, progressive organization and there is a ton of momentum for those in the active transportation field in Ontario. Victor Hugo said: "nothing is more powerful, not all the armies, than an idea who's time has come". The time has come to make more people-oriented places!
I enjoy outdoor adventures with my family like cycling, hiking, running, and camping.