Print Page   |   Your Cart   |   Sign In   |   Join APBP
Search

General Discussion
Group Home Group Home Group Pages
Moderator(s):
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Author Latest Post
**HOW TO USE THIS FORUM** 0 J. Resnick In order to stay in touch and up to date on discussions in the forum, we recommend subscribing to Instant Updates for a thread that you are participating in. To do this, go to the top of the page and click Thread Actions > Subscribe to Instant Updates. You will get an email when another member posts a comment with a direct link to reply.
by J. Resnick
Wednesday, February 18, 2015
APBP Meetup at APA Conference 5 J. Resnick Are you attending the American Planning Association Conference in Seattle next week? Then join the APBP Washington Chapter for two fun events to wind down the week! We're hosting a Bike Tour of Downtown Seattle, powered by Pronto Cycle Share and led by local APBP members, to provide you with insight into the innovative ped / bike / place infrastructure we’re so proud of. Join us Tuesday, April 21 from 2:30 to 4:00 p.m. Register here and we’ll confirm with you by Friday, April 17. Space is limited! Come wind down from a busy conference week with us and all your ped / bike friends! We’ll cover the appetizers and you can choose from a great drink selection. We’ll be at Frolik Kitchen+Cocktails from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m., right after the bike tour. You can RSVP for details here.  
by D. Goeks
Wednesday, April 15, 2015
Bicycle Parking Thread 2 L. Leveen I just sent a quick "invite" to this thread to the people Justin mentioned were interested in the topic area.It seems like one of the first things we want to do is decide what we want to do :-)I shared with Mike and Victoria at the WA Bike Summit that I have a particular fondness for "quality control/enforcement" of bike parking requirements. For instance, I did two field checks in 2006 and 2012 in Olympia to see how enforcement of the rather good bike parking code language was going. In short, the results were absolutely dismal, and it's an important lesson that having a good code doesn't guarantee good results -- the devil is in the details. So, whatever we decide to do, including "Enforcement/Quality Control" is something I'd like to see included.What other ideas do folks have? Why did you volunteer for this work group? How should we proceed?
by L. Leveen
Monday, March 16, 2015
Washington Bike Summit March 16-17 5 J. Resnick I'll be there! I look forward to meeting all of you. Mary AndersonWhatcom Council of Governments
by M. Anderson
Tuesday, March 10, 2015
Community Advocate Outreach 1 J. Resnick I agree.
by R. Roush
Tuesday, February 17, 2015
Partnering with Feet First's Walkable Washington Conference 0 J. Resnick Info here: http://www.feetfirst.org/get-involved/walkablewashington.
by J. Resnick
Wednesday, February 11, 2015
Webinars, Brownbags, and Presentations 1 J. Resnick You are invited to attend the APBP webinar, “New Tools for Estimating Walking and Bicycling Demand” on February 18, 2015 from noon to 1pm at SvR Design. SvR Design’s office is located at 1205 Second Avenue, Suite 200 in downtown Seattle. Others interested in hosting a webinar meetup are encouraged to post to this space also!
by J. Resnick
MPO / RTPO Outreach 0 J. Resnick Want to help MPOs and RTPOs connect with APBP to learn best practices and opportunities for their region?
by J. Resnick
Sign In

Policy News
Calendar

6/20/2018
2018 Monthly Webinar Series - Bundle of 12

7/25/2018
U.S. Federal Policy Briefing

Photo credits from banner (left to right): Geneva Hooten, Nick Falbo

© 2016 All Rights Reserved | Association of Pedestrian and Bicycle Professionals
201 E. Main St. Suite 1405 | Lexington, KY 40507