The APBP Minnesota Chapter is looking for volunteers to start our first ever chapter board! Since May 2014, the chapter has been led by a steering committee of volunteers who attend the monthly chapter meeting following the monthly APBP webinar hosted by Transit for Livable Communities.
This is a great opportunity for new or long-time APBP members to help shape the local Minnesota chapter. Developing a board will help us implement the Minnesota chapter strategic plan and provide excellent local opportunities for education, networking, and events.
Chapter Leadership Recruitment Timeline
Letters of interest due July 31st.
Discussion/review candidates August 19th meeting
Send out to MN APBP members for vote/approval
By July 31st, submit an email with your contact information, role desired, and why you would like to serve on the board (250 words max) to firstname.lastname@example.org to run for the leadership roles. If possible attend in person, or call in, for the July meeting. Once a slate of candidates has been determined, an email will be sent to APBP MN members for approval (and vote if multiple candidates).
Chapter Leadership Requirements
● Length of role TBD - 1 year commitment preferred
● 2-4 hours/week max worth of work (would vary based on current initiatives)
● Must be a current APBP member--you can still join today!
● Ability to work with others - chapter chairs will work with volunteers and new members to accomplish the goals outlined in the MN APBP strategic goals document
● Desire at least one candidate outside of Twin Cities Metro, if possible
Proposed Chapter Leadership Roles
The roles and responsibilities of each position are flexible and would depend on skills and interest. A brief description of each role is listed, but is not exhaustive of all possibilities for the position.
• Chair: team leader, responsible for meetings and agenda, and checking in with the rest of the group
• Co-Chair: assists with chair duties, liaison to APBP
• Communications Chair: Manage meeting notes and email list, facebook, LinkedIn, and chapter webpage
• Membership Chair: Recruit new members, welcome new members to the chapter
Additional positions may filled by interested volunteers:
• Walkability Chair
• Events Chair
• Fundraising Chair
• Greater MN Chair
Please forward to your Minnesota bicycle and pedestrian colleagues who may be interested!