APBP Professional Development Seminar
June 26 - 29, 2017
The Peabody Hotel
APBP’s Professional Development Seminar is a biennial conference distinguished by longer, in-depth sessions and a collaborative atmosphere. Our tenth PDS will be held in Memphis, Tennessee at the landmark Peabody Hotel, named the "2015 Best U.S. Historic Hotel (over 400 rooms)" by Historic Hotels of America.
We hope you'll join APBP in Memphis for a menu of workshops, mobile tours, poster sessions and networking events that will supply the tools to move active transportation in your community to the next level. Registration will open later this year.
CALL FOR SPEAKERS NOW OPEN
If you're interested in reaching the APBP PDS audience, submit to the Call for Speakers!
We are planning three tracks for 2017: Building a Diverse Profession, Partnerships, and Implementation. Suggested session topics include:
Building a Diverse Profession:
- The big picture (beyond the bike lane)
- The mechanics of "doing equity"
- Telling the Memphis Story
- Building a bigger tent
- Public art and active transportation
- Law enforcement partnerships
- Public works (resurfacing, reconstruction, and new construction)
- Technology (tech companies and app developers)
- Unlikely partnerships (outside the box)
Implementation (Complete Streets Policies):
- Non-motorized visibility and traffic calming
- Connected networks
- Road diets - parking issues - political/engagement strategies
- Investing in long term sustainable design
- Mid-South regional greenprint
Submit your session idea today! Deadline for all submissions is November 30.
Image credit: Peabody Hotel