Several times each year, APBP produces free webinars on topics of wide-spread interest to the active transportation community. Click on a link to view the recording and download handouts and other materials.
Like these webinars? Join APBP and subscribe to the monthly series, plus get access to dozens of free webinars available only to APBP members. Get professional development delivered to your desk the third Wednesday of every month. Click here to learn more.
Protected Bike Lane Series - Co-produced with the Green Lane Project
Accessibility and Protected Lanes (07-02-2014)
Intersections and Protected Lanes (08-06-2014)
These webinars were produced in collaboration with the National Center for Bicycling and Walking and Cullbridge Communications. Sample these presentations at no charge; click on the title to launch the webinar. Download handouts and other documents here.
• Emerging Trends for Bicycle and Pedestrian Work (6.12.08) - Presented by Seleta Reynolds, Associate, Fehr & Peers/Mirai.
• Ask an Engineer (9.17.08) - Michael Moule, Principal Transportation Engineer at Nelson\Nygaard Consulting Associates, discusses a bike/ped engineer's best resources and answers design questions.
• Bring SmartTrips Home (12.19.08) - Individualized marketing programs can help increase bicycle and pedestrian mode share.
• Cycle Zone Analysis (1.21.09) - Explore a new tool developed in Portland, Ore., for analyzing cycling conditions and learn how to apply it in your community.
• PEDSAFE - BIKESAFE (2.18.09) - Learn about PBIC's free, expert, online system to help you address bicycle and pedestrian safety and mobility issues.
• Level of Service for Bicycle and Pedestrian Transportation (3.18.09) - An introduction to bicycle and pedestrian Level of Service (LOS) models.
• Shared Lane Markings/Sharrows (4.15.09) - In-depth information about the uses, applications, and installation of sharrows.
• Ciclovías (5.20.09) - How to make a street closing event work in your community, with examples from NYC, Miami, and Chicago
• Bicycle Master Plans with Peter Lagerwey (6.17.09) - A step-by-step guide to creating a great bicycle master plan with Seattle's expert, Peter Lagerwey.