National Women Cycling Forum
Tuesday, March 20
2:00 to 4:00 p.m.
1000 H Street NW
Sue Macy, author of Wheels of Change: How Women Rode the Bicycle to Freedom (With a Few Flats Tires Along the Way), will appear as the keynote speaker at the inaugural National Women Cycling Forum. The event is free; register here: http://nationalwomencyclingforum.eventbrite.com/
The forum will be held Tuesday, March 20, from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. in conjunction with the 2012 National Bike Summit.
Women still cycle at much lower rates than men in the United States -- making up just 24 percent of bike trips in 2009. But that trend is shifting. This Forum will be the first national gathering specifically dedicated to raising awareness about and discussing how to engage more women in bicycling.
In addition to the keynote presentation from Macy, other confirmed speakers include:
- Elysa Walk, General Manager, Giant Bicycles Inc.
- Marla Streb, former World Mountain Bike Champion
- Andrea Garland, Planner, Alta Planning + Design
- Veronica Davis, Founder, Black Women Bike D.C.
- Kimberly White, Youth Advocate, Recycle-A-Bicycle
- Nelle Pierson, Events Coordinator, Washington Area Bicyclist Association
The forum is co-hosted by APBP and the Alliance for Biking & Walking, and is generously sponsored by Giant Bicycles Inc., CLIF Bar, the League of American Bicyclists and the National Center for Bicycling and Walking.
« Go to Upcoming Event List