for the PDS is closed. On-site registration opens at 7:00 a.m. on Monday, September 9 at the Millennium Harvest House in Boulder.
Contact us for availability.
2013 PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SEMINAR | BOULDER, COLORADO
APBP's Professional Development Seminar is a biennial conference
distinguished by in-depth seminars and a collegial atmosphere where
participants collaborate to learn how to propel policy into
practice. The three-day PDS is packed with
state-of-the-practice information for planners, engineers, landscape
architects, public health professionals, advocates, elected officials,
and others working to advance active transportation and sustainable,
livable communities. Attend this conference for cutting edge training and the
newest, best information to advance your work and your career.
This year's theme is Dollars and Sense: Economic, Health and Social
Benefits of Walking and Bicycling. Through classroom
sessions, mobile tours and inspiring plenaries, we'll explore how to
build great facilities for active transportation and learn how make the
case for these investments. The seminar's 3-hour sessions
leverage speakers' expertise and participants' enthusiasm to teach new
skills and best practices and generate fresh insights. Sessions are
organized into three tracks:
- Return on Investment for Active Transportation
- Guidelines, Standards and Decision-Making
- Integrated Corridor Planning and Design
Mobile workshops and bike and walking tours complement the
classroom sessions. Each 3-hour time slot (morning and afternoon) offers a choice of
three classroom sessions and two mobile sessions. Classroom and mobile
sessions begin in the morning on Tuesday, September 10, and end at 11:30
a.m. on Thursday, September 12. (All-day and half-day pre-conference workshops will be offered separately on Monday, September 9 for additional fees.)
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE CONFERENCE REGISTRATION FEE?
- A choice of five out of more than 20 classroom and mobile sessions (no extra charge for mobile sessions)
- Two lunches (T/W), five morning and afternoon breaks (T/W/Th), and two evening receptions (M/T)
These sessions and events are available for an additional fee:
- Closing luncheon with a speaker TBA on Thursday, September 12, 11:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Optional all-day or half-day sessions on Monday, September 9 (workshops to be announced)
- Additional tickets to the Monday and Tuesday night receptions for spouses and friends
APBP will apply to the American Institute of Certified Planners
(AICP) for Certification Maintenance credits for all PDS 2013 sessions. A
certificate of attendance will be offered to those who document their
professional development hours in other fields.