Free webinar for APBP members! (non-members pay $25)
Model Design Manual for Living Streets
Wednesday, February 29 | 4:00 to 5:00 p.m. EST
Los Angeles County's Model Design Manual for Living Streets (released last October) is an outstanding new resource for transportation professionals and the communities they serve. Attend this webinar to learn what's in the manual, how to get it, and how to use it. Topics covered in this one-hour session include:
• The distinctions between manuals, standards and guidelines, and when each is appropriately used;
• A chapter-by-chapter overview of the manual, including its overall vision for living streets, design guidance for the traveled way, and ideas to retrofit suburbia;
• How to obtain the Model Design Manual for Living Streets and customize it for any jurisdiction.
Attend this webinar if you belong to one of these groups:
• Municipalities that lack the resources to undertake a major revision of their manuals and are looking for examples to assist in re-tooling their current manuals;
• Municipalities that want to adopt the latest thinking in street design;
• Designers, planners and engineers who are looking for tools to provide flexibility within their existing street standards.
Presenter: Ryan Snyder, Ryan Snyder Associates. RSA coordinated the development of the Model Design Manual for Living Streets.
This webinar is free for APBP members; please sign in to the website for member pricing (non-members will be charged $25).
APBP has applied to the AICP for one Certification Maintenance credit for this webinar. APBP will provide a letter certifying attendance to those who document their professional development hours. Each site license includes one phone connection (toll charges apply, or use VoIP), one Internet connection, one set of handouts for unlimited attendees in the same location, and access to the recording. (You may be required to download free software from Citrix GoToMeeting in order to participate in the webinar.) APBP accepts Visa, MasterCard or AMEX; payment should be made by noon on February 28. For more information, contact Debra Goeks (262-228-7025 or email@example.com).