The Association of Pedestrian and Bicycle Professionals is the only membership association for people working toward more walkable, bicycle-friendly communities. We are a community of peers working in government, consulting firms and non-profit organizations in the fields of transportation planning and engineering, urban design and planning, public health and active living, primarily in the U.S. and Canada. APBP offers tools, training and support for building sustainable transportation.
- Network with an online community of over 1,300 professionals who share a passion for bicycle and pedestrian transportation and a vision for the role that sustainable transportation can play in communities. Approximately 10 percent of APBP's practice in Canada.
- Participate in APBP's dynamic and acclaimed list serve, open only to our members
- Save money with reduced fees for APBP's monthly webinars, publications and biennial Professional Development Seminars
- Stay informed with our monthly e-bulletins
- Search the Career Center for job openings and RFPs
- Use the searchable website, including wikis, file-sharing and blogs, to share ideas and develop projects with colleagues across North America and around the world
- Gain access to scholarship programs for professional meetings
APBP sponsors the NCUTCD and is a proud collaborator with America Walks, the National Complete Streets Coalition, the Pedestrian and Bicycle Information Center, the Safe Routes to School National Partnership, and other organizations. These partnerships raise the profession's profile and lend credibility and support to APBP members.
Become a member now!
Professional - $100/year: This membership is for a person employed by a local, state or federal government, a corporation or consulting firm, a college or university, or as an independent consultant.
Advocate - $80/year: This membership is for staff or volunteers of an advocacy organization or advisory committee.
Student - $30/year: This membership is for full-time students in engineering, planning, landscape architecture, urban design, safety and promotion, health, law enforcement and other related curricula.
Retired - $30/year: Retired bicycle and pedestrian professionals interested in maintaining connections in the field.
Group Memberships: Groups of five or more people from the same professional or advocacy organization may join together as a group and save 20% on annual membership dues.
Contact APBP via the Contact Us page for more information.